Apr 8, 2008

An Era, worth living for, worth dying [passing out] for and worth going to hell [life outside nitd, after life] for….

If Achari ate up and Arun drank away the time in job treat and farewell respectively, now this is my time to fill out the pages in gulti year book. My dear juniors you have to go through this pain for giving me a chance to write and you earned it. They are not buried fathoms deep in our thoughts and I hope them to be on surface forever, the memories of NIT Durgapur. I never cared where our college stood in rankings nor I cared for the profiles of faculty, its the sheer fun we had in our college life that mattered. And another batch got ready to get deported from the world of freedom into the stereotype normal boring awkwardly “responsible” life. I will probably share some funny but interesting moments at NITD, though they are not well kept secrets

Here is my interestingly boring story......
Like many confused kids out there, I tried making a meaning out of jumbled choices that were open to me after my rigorous intermediate intellectual slaughter. The outcome was me thrown in NIT Durgapur. This turned to be my best choice after four years. On the day, I reached durgapur first time in my life, I met a guy in station, well dressed and guntur mannered and later happened to be my room-metta for two years. He has a way with people with his babai mantra and funny tales of native palnadu . With his eternally violent theories and exotic dances, more audience like the lazy bhasku and cool sandy were entertained. Ravichand's “twist”ed humour appealed more over scorpioic bhaddu's self claimed one [Though self claimed its okay for a reader's digest thing]. Nara babu's “True Lies” are so convincing, that even we believed that he don’t lie at all. Chotu is really the funny one, though unfortunately his good will was hurt by the misuse of words by his grand son. In first semester, little those names suri and moses suggest among us, apart from being colleagues in ragging sessions. They used to live serenely together alone in a different world Hall-8 [it existed, but not anymore] outside the campus. How am I going to miss this salil, looks really attractive, qualified to be kissed? And these are our bunch of guys. I miss those days, we used to stroll in the dark bliss [I love those power-cuts] before exams. How come one forget ravichand’s weird reasons for a forgotten egg in dinner and anil da’s puri paise-- The silly secrets of me and bhaddu which made us laugh up to our ass – Most importantly, the “violent patience” of bhasku towards me playing with his chubby cheeks-- Chotu’s sutras and suttas of life. What happens if all these pungent characters clash in real drama in room 223@hall-2? Answer being fierce fights sometime may be its physical [remember the day we chased bhaddu like a mouse and finally got him in bathroom screaming]. “Saamuhika sollu” is really a cool idea for gulties in first year while they are not equipped with modern equipment [now its different, people land in college with lappies ]. And a computer entered my life and out room. Do you know an entertainment club? If no, go back in time and peep into our room@hall2 in 2003. The day before exams? Lets' look at syllabus and cram up the subjects’ codes and names, that's the best we could do in that much short time. Somehow, we did well and came to know about a culture in NITs. The hard reality is that if you get good grades, you are no more socially invited into groups. Majority is right!! And who give reservation to these minorities? And second sem passed away with me and chari turning our room little sane but loved the fun offered by college in forms of festivals. As always, ignorance is a bliss, but its a dangerous investment to put more time on it. One day, we all came to know about GRE, higher studies, jobs and hell lot of things that we could not digest. The ugliest thing is that we only know the names not their meanings and dreamed that they are not for us. Though it may seem silly, but without INTERNET in college, people got to know a little. With the third year split, people pursued their interests with somewhat strange seriousness. And I went on to a different wing to chase away the possibilities of me being a real engineer. With seniors support, I already tried and burned my hands dirty with some project stuff. During this serious stuff , our gulti get-to-gathers and our weekly day-outs to city center affected a bit but not gone completely.

So, in third year, I landed in a wing of guys later well known as Roboconquerors. That was fun for two years full of games and fun life. I still remember how I got P in control systems being an AOC addict.. I am into some good electronics and computing stuff and enjoyed doing it for a while. I strongly believe that I did some bench marking in that issue. A couple of treats a week and memorable events made our whole final year hardly attending any class. And then its almost placement time, the time to experiment. Experiment doesn't give premeditated results and I am out of college with apparently no good job. I never really wanted to settle down as a management trainee and I am not. That's basically an era....

Struggle in after Life:: Now, it’s the Showtime for what I have learnt at nitd. After a lot of contemplation, I managed my way into some small software firm and its not typical. Finally, crawled into a place I longed to be in. This ain’t fun for long and looking to concatenate my name with M.S / Ph.D. The thing I learned is whenever curtain calls; you should be ready in best of your soles.


Don't you wonder that I missed something in whole discussion? Yes exactly, our seniors, juniors [you] and Andhra Family. Seniors are more of friends. And you guys, made us feel important many a times. Andhra Family, weird kind of community, our seniors fixed the nuts and bolts for a joyride while one’s time @nitd. It is basically a lot of fun condensed to a word and its activities being treating, welcoming stuff [in fact lot more than that]. And the entry is free!!! nope it comes with a price tag bros, a whole semester of being recreated. Take my word, it’s a cult fun. Its basically difficult and different to pen down stuff we had @nitd and that’s only can be experienced. One more batch lined up to be out. So for those, welcome to the world of responsibilities and a reality [Job sucks]. Sometime later it’s going to boil down to the creative crust aalbal theory of Bhaddu’s wing. Anyway wish you all the best in your future endeavors [don't forget to greet us when confusion creeps in]. If you happen to be our seniors at work, better be cool with us otherwise beware I have a semester full of ragging due, just in case.

Sometimes you are a statue and sometimes you are a bird.

No comments: